Popular Posts

Monday, March 14

Canto Yee Mee, Avsolut Style


What's for dinner? Let's go 1Malaysia tonight! hihi head to the kitchen and make Canto Yee Mee! easy one~ hihi

My mom taught me this recipe, and i took my knowledge to Perth where I was studying~
It's actually an egg sauce on dry noodles. I love Yee Mee, personally I wouldn't substitute it with any other. But others can try Won Ton Noodles, Yellow Noodle. And yes, you could go to your local hawker stalls and buy it cheap. But if you're like me, I can't tolerate high MSG, my throat will literally tighten itself up. So, I make my own~ :'D

All you need is:

2 cloves garlic (chopped)
100g chicken fillet, cubed
1 bunch of daun Sawi / Mustard leaves (i assume)
baby corns
6 big prawns
corn flour (for thickening)
light soy sauce
1 cup water
2 cup home-made chicken stock/broth
1-2 eggs (according to preference)
1 tube of egg tofu, sliced and fried
fried shallots (garnishing)

Now all you do is:

1) Saute the garlic, with the chicken and prawns. add a dash of light soy sauce for taste.

2) When all is cooked, and you can smell the aromatic-ness of the garlic infused chicken and prawns.. ;') time to add water mixed with corn flour. The water + corn flour makes the gravy. So maybe 1tbsp of corn flour for 2cups of water.

3) As soon as its starting to boil, crack an egg or two, and stir slowly on high heat. Lastly add the veges and fried tofu.

4) Place a portion of dried yee mee on a bowl/plate, and pour the egg sauce onto the noodles, garnish with fried shallots and voila!

Serve with 'cili potong' or cut chillies in soy sauce.

Enjoy your dinner!

till then,
love yall~

No comments: